I love menu planning… or should I say the idea of menu planning. I do it for a week or two, but then get too busy with everything else to stick with it. I love to make lists too, to plan and be organised.
The trouble is I am also a big day dreamer… So I daydream about being organised, but the reality is I am so distracted that I am actually not very good at following through with my lists.
I make lists about what to pack camping, what christmas presents I need to buy, what loads of washing I should sort, what needs doing around the house, what veggies I would like to plant in my veggie garden.
Perhaps it is the Pisces in me?
In the spirit of list making and menu planning, I thought I would compile a list of favourite meals in our house. As a general rule they aren’t too fancy. Usually not needing a recipe as such, more so a meat and veg variety of some kind, with something different every now and then as meat and veg gets too boring for me.
But I find if I have a list to refer to, I can plan easier. Either because I have an easy meal I know will get eaten, the ingredients are usually on hand in the pantry, or if we are bored of the same ol’ can try something different. I also find, the weeks I menu plan, I will do an online grocery shop. Reading the junk mail catalogues and planning around which meat or particular ingredient is on special also helps.
A lot of these meals, I plan on adjusting or using my Bellini Intelli more often.
- Meat and Veg (any combination of red meat, white meat or seafood, usually mashed potato, steamed carrot, pumpkin, broccoli, corn, peas, beans, zucchini, asparagus… what ever is in season)
- Atlantic Salmon, pan fried and crispy with veggies
- Yellow Prawn Curry
- Beef Stroganoff with rice or risoni
- Burritos with chicken strips or mince, salad and sour cream
- Slow cooked Butter Chicken
- Chicken Satay
- Beef Stir Fry
- Chicken/Beef/Pork Schnitzel
- Steak Sandwiches
- Risotto in any form, bacon, vegetarian, mushroom, chicken
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cauliflower soup with bacon
- Pea and Ham Soup slow cooked
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pasta Bake
- Homemade Pizzas
- Roast and Veg
- Minestrone Soup
- Thai Curry
- Beef and Guinness Pie
- Chicken Leek and Mushroom Pie
- Meatballs in the slow cooker
- Tuna Mornay
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Stew/Casserole in Slow cooker
The season tends to dictate if we have salad or veg, lighter meals or heavier ones.
Hopefully there are some ideas here for you if you are bored of making the same thing every day. I will update this list too.
Be sure to request any recipes if you see something that tickles your fancy.