I’m sitting here this Sunday afternoon eating my tea.
Baked potato, not one but 2! Usually I just plate one up, and always end up going back for seconds.
Today I thought, why fight the inevitable, so I dished up 2 from the outset.
I’m pretty sure the reason I love baked potato so much, is that it really is just an excuse to have numerous types of dairy in one bowl. Cheese, butter and sour cream all melted together. What’s not to love?
I’m sure you all know how to bake a potato (happy to share if you don’t)!
A few nights ago we had a risotto dish which I posted to Facebook if you haven’t seen it already here it is. It got thumbs up all around in our house.
1 onion, peeled and halved
1 clove garlic
6-8 sundried tomatoes in oil
Tbsp dried mushroom powder
400gm arborio rice
100gm white wine
2 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
1 litre water
2 chicken breasts, cubed
Parmesan cheese, cubed
1. Grate Parmesan cheese, 10 sec, speed 9. Remove to a bowl
2. Chop onion, garlic and tomato, 4 sec, speed 7. Add dried mushroom, and olive oil and sauté for 4 min, speed 1 varoma temp.
3. Add rice. Sauté 3min, speed 1, reverse (or use butterfly), varoma temp. Leave MC off.
4. Add wine, cook 1 minute, speed 1 reverse, temp 100. Leave MC off.
5. Add stock and water, 17 minutes, speed 1, reverse, temp 100. Add chicken and mushroom through MC hole once liquid added and cooking started.
6. I pre warmed my thermo server with water from the kettle, then added my frozen peas. I then added risotto, topped with Parmesan and butter, and let stand for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Stir before serving.
I use dried shiitake mushroom powder that I buy at the supermarket and grind up to a rough powder.
I’m sure you could let it stand in any bowl with a lit or glad wrap to absorb the moisture and be ready for serving.