I stayed at my cousin’s house in the country a few months ago, and her daughter did a lemonade stand. She sold fresh lemons, some walnuts, and her Mum (my cousin) made Lemon Butter.
I’d never tasted nor heard of it before, but O.M.G…. such glorious tasty stuff it was! She did it in the microwave and with a Bamix, and I thought what better to try out than Lemon Butter in my BIKM.
Very spoilt and my cousin sent me home with a carton of their eggs from their backyard chooks. Chickens in my backyard are high on my wishlist along, with upgrading my very sad looking veggie patch.
Armed with fresh lemons from my mum’s tree, fresh eggs from my cousin’s house, I set to work when I was home. In the original batch I made, I also used home churned butter in the BIKM, but obviously that is optional.
I’m due to do a new batch so when I do I will upload pictures.
- 3 eggs
- 100 gms Butter
- 200 gms Sugar
- 2 Lemons, Juiced (and zest, optional)
- If you would like to use the zest (you will have some bits in your end product if you do), place zest and sugar in jug. Process speed 5-7-9 for 30 seconds. Check, and if there are still large lumps of zest repeat for 10-30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, butter and whole eggs to jug.
- Cook for 4 minutes, temp 80 degrees, speed 3.
- Check, and if it seems runny continue to cook in 1 minute increments until you are happy with the consistency.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and cover.
- Don’t eat it all at once 😀