Are you looking for an easy go-to meal idea, but want to keep it simple? This one is for you my friends!
Just a quick one from me tonight, before I head off to bed. I won’t say head off for a good night’s sleep… that doesn’t happen with 2 little boys in this house! I know lots of you can relate to that.
We had a hot, pre-summer day of 38 degrees here today. I seem to be making an early start on those easier, lighter meals for tea already and summer isn’t quite upon us yet. I’m all for less time slaving in a hot kitchen with the oven roasting away though, regardless of the temperature outside.
I really don’t know why I haven’t made homemade pizza dough sooner! Maybe having the BIKM made it seem easier, but I’m sure it is pretty simple anyway. It was so nice though… not too doughy like the pizza chain ones. Not too frozen and cardboard-esque like the supermarket ones. (Mind to be careful getting dough out once made, sharp blades… I used a spatula and removed the blade from jug to get it out properly)
The end result was crispy on the edges, I pressed mine about 5mm thick, but if you like it thinner or thicker just shape to your desired thickness.
We also have a pizza stone that lives in our oven… it is great for all sorts of things.
- 200 gms water
- 400 gms flour
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 50 gms olive oil
- tsp salt
- In BIKM, add water, oil, and salt
- Mix speed 2, 1 minute, temp 37 deg
- Add flour and yeast, knead. Speed 1, 1 min
- Place dough onto tray (sprayed with cooking spray and dusted with flour)
- Cover with glad wrap and tea towel, stand in warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough and shape into required portions,
- We topped with tomato paste, mushroom, capsicum, pineapple, ham, chicken, and cheese of course. We cooked in oven on its highest setting on the pizza stone.
How did yours turn out? Any superstar topping combinations?